Italian pasta salad with red flash-Pesto
If you chat with me about travel destinations and places of Yearning, then it does not take long and I get to rave about Tuscany. Gently, Terra cotta-coloured houses, rolling hills on top of which from time to time, roads and paths lined with meter-high cypress trees, which look as if you were standing trellis. I think everyone who has ever been there has fallen in love with this beautiful countryside and the Tuscan kitchen, the pleasures of palate and famous wines.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
What I love about the Italian, but especially the Tuscan cuisine, she lives manageable but very valuable ingredients. If you by the Tuscany travels you get the best on one of the many small farms, which usually have also a small farm shop. Often, they even offer little things to eat. On my first Tuscany tour, the "noodle was a salad with two tomato". So I've translated it to me, so I can remember it better. Back at home, I recreated it from my memory "". For me, it is, however, easy Italian pasta salad with red flash-Pesto.
ITALIAN PASTA SALAD – THE SECRET TO LIGHTNING-PESTO
Now You can ask: "Why flash-Pesto? Pesto is always relatively fast“. The word "flash" I am referring in this case to the few ingredients You need to make together, because this is still faster 😉 . My flash-Pesto consists mainly of sun-dried tomatoes and a few ingredients. It forms as a "salad Crema" is the flavor base for my Italian pasta salad.
A SIMPLE PASTA SALAD – LITTLE INGREDIENTS NEEDED
Come in, in addition to the noodles, and the flash-Pesto, ingredients such as arugula, pine nuts and Pecorino cheese. Pecorino is made from sheep's milk and, like Parmesan, a hard cheese. I like him personally very much, maybe because he 😉 like to be in Tuscany eaten . Who knows. In any case, You can replace him easily against the Parmesan that is made in turn from cow's milk.
FRESH INGREDIENTS AND OLIVE OIL ARE THE ICING ON THE CAKE FOR THE TASTE
Italian pasta salad lives up to the quality of the ingredients, as all the other dishes. But I think it is especially important. Namely, what flavor, and what intensity bring the olive oil, with what spices and in what Oil the sun-dried tomatoes, the ripening and the taste of the tomatoes and the freshness of the arugula were inserted. For me, this is the tip of the Venture, whether or not the Italian pasta salad has a lot of impact or not. Maybe You've gotten now in the mood, my recipe for you to try out.
More delicious summer salads are my quick Mediterranean bread salad , or my simple Greek salad.
Italian pasta salad with red flash-Pesto
THE PASTA SALAD CA SHOULD. 1 HOUR TO GO
- 350 g of noodles - for example, Orecchiette, Girandole, Fusilli, Penne Rigatte
- 3 tomatoes, ripe but firm - wash, quarter, core, cut into small pieces
- 1 Federal Arugula, small plucked - Alternative 2 hands full of Basil leaves, small gezuptt
- 50 g Pecorino cheese, freshly-planed - Alternatively Parmesan
- 50 g pine nuts - without the fat is Golden brown roasted
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- Salt, Cayenne pepper or Chili ground - to Taste
FOR THE PESTO
- 100 g tomatoes, dried in Oil - coarsely chopped
- 15 Basil leaves
- 1-2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 Chilli - deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 TBSP Oil
- First, garst You Your pasta according to package instructions al dente in boiling salt water. At the end of the cooking time a little of the pasta water in a small bowl , skim off. Then the noodles , drain, drain and place in a bowl and with 2 TABLESPOONS of olive oil and mix so that they do not stick together. Set aside and let rest a bit.
- For the red Pesto, put all the ingredients in a blender (or stick blender) use of the give and well mix. The Pesto with 2-3 TBSP of the pasta water to thin and a little supple make - to one side. NOTE: If You have no sharpness like, half the hot Pepper or simply omit.
- The tomatoes , wash, quarter, core and cut into small pieces cut. The arugula also wash and cut into bite-sized pieces of pluck.
- The pine nuts in a small pan without fat until Golden brown roasting. Meanwhile, the Pecorino planing.
- Now vermengst You the noodles with the Pesto, and 2 TBSP. of olive oil and in connection with all the other prepared ingredients , such as Pecorino, pine nuts, tomatoes and arugula, then do You season to taste with salt and Cayenne pepper from.
- You can the pasta salad immediately and serve , or prepare and pull allow. It tastes so delicious.