Asparagus quiche with white and grünen asparagus
One of the recipes that accompany me for many years. The asparagus quiche with white and green asparagus in the Asparagus season to recipes, my Favorite, and not only lands once on our dining table.
• Directly to the recipe • recipe •print
It is an indispensable part of my recipe collection. You can warm-up warm or cold food and is also very good. It is suitable, for example, also great for the lunch break in the office if something is left or for the Sunday trip. At home I serve the asparagus quiche with a crisp green salad. As a gift to a garden party she is by the way also great.
THE ORIGINAL ASPARAGUS QUICHE IS BAKED WITH A SHORTCRUST PASTRY
My asparagus quiche is based on the classic Quiche Lorraine, which comes from the French Region of Lorraine. The classic Quiche is baked with a shortcrust pastry and eggs and milk.
You have to admit, Yes, the dough itself consists of a few ingredients and is quickly made – BUT he must also be a 1 hour long cold be put to rest and homogeneous to be.
Here You will find my simple basic recipe for a savoury shortcrust pastry in a detailed step-by-step guide in pictures.
PUFF PASTRY FROM THE REFRIGERATED SECTION IS A QUICK ALTERNATIVE
If You have a dough like or want to do, You can use the asparagus quiche with puff pastry to prepare. The puff pastry of the Quiche lends his typical, knusprigeren taste. It is also done in the supermarket to buy a cooling rack, and makes the Quiche a Ruck-Zuck-Quiche. If it's supposed to go with me quickly, I make them often with ready puff pastry.
By the way, of course You get the finished dough in the supermarket to buy a cooling rack. However, if You take the finished dough for this Quiche to use, You should bake him also blind, and let cool slightly. At least this is my experience. If you don't, the dough is soft and is not as brittle. So, if you want to go with You really quickly, then You're supported from my point of view with the puff pastry better.
No matter what the ground, it is the time for Asparagus with green and white asparagus, the most popular Quiche in my family.
Very tasty Quiche-variations for the whole year are my Quiche with ham, mushrooms and Mozzarella , as well as my Quiche with leeks and ham. For cheese Fans, I recommend my white cheese Quiche with a Croissant bottom.
Asparagus quiche with white and green asparagus
- Shortcrust pastry homemade or ready - alternatively of ready puff pastry from the refrigerated section
FOR THE TOPPING
- 250 g white asparagus - peeled and woody Ends removed
- 250 g green asparagus - lower third peeled and the woody Ends removed
- 200 ml of cream - approx. 32% fat
- 50 ml of milk - 3,5% fat
- 4 Eggs - Size L
- 2 TBSP thyme leaves - fresh from the stalk and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - pressed or grated
- 60 g Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
- Pepper - fresh from the mill
- 8 g of coarse sea salt per Liter of the asparagus water
- 1 TSP sugar for the asparagus water - otherwise it can sometimes taste bitter
- PLEASE NOTE: If You are looking for the preparation of a crumbly dough decide You need to for the preparation of about 10 minutes to schedule and, in addition, one hour of cooling time. My recipe can be found here: Salty shortcrust pastry - my basic recipe. The Alternative is a paver puff pastry from the refrigerated section.
- Maybe there is, where do You buy the white asparagus, including an asparagus peeling machine. I think that's a practical thing. If not, peel the white asparagus lush with a potato peeler from the top to the end. The green asparagus only the lower third. In both varieties, the Ends cut off.
- Now You cut all of the Asparagus stalks diagonally into 3 to 4 cm long pieces. The tips You quite in any case.
- For the asparagus in a pot with plenty of water. 8g sea salt per Liter of water put. Also 1 TSP of sugar in the pot and if You still like a piece of Butter.
- The white asparagus can be You 7 minutes to cook and then you have to give the green asparagus is added. Then both together for a further 3 minutes to cook. So a total of 10 minutes cooking time. Both varieties should be firm to the bite.
- Now the oven to 170 degrees convection heating.
- After the cooking time, remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and scaring him immediately in a cold water bath from.
- Then take out and very good to drain let.
- For the eggs and milk You touch the following in a bowl: the cream, the milk and the 4 eggs.
- Then You have to enter the crushed garlic and the thyme to the eggs, milk and spices them very vigorously with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained asparagus pieces You hand out on Your pre-prepared shortcrust pastry-to-ground (pre-bake not forget), or the puff pastry bottom.
- Now, are You watering the eggs and milk over it.
- Finally, bestreust You the surface with the Parmesan cheese and the Quiche in the oven in the lower third for about 30 minutes until Golden brown. I wish You a good appetite!